Summary of job contents
The Regional Sales Manager for Festo Didactic Inc. has a territory covering the region in the U.S. and will be responsible for aggressively seeking out and pursuing opportunities for Festo Didactic educational products and services, in combination with the management of our Dealer Channel and direct customers. This person must possess the ability to develop and implement a strategic sales plan with our Dealers and with direct customers, manage sales pipeline and coordinate business development opportunities relative to mission of Festo Didactic.
Purpose / Mission:
To plan, manage and grow Festo Didactic’s business in the region of responsibility to achieve the targets of the company (e.g. turnover, cost targets, operating result, market share, and customer satisfaction). Additionally, to enable our customers to be the most successful and productive providers of technical education. Enable Festo Didactic to remain the leader in Technical Education and Training.
Impact on Business
- Develop and Maintain relationships with state and local officials
- Create and Deliver high level presentations to C-Level administration
- Develop and manage strategic business plans for responsible territory
- Develop growth and activity plans with sales channel partners
- Train, coach and drive sales channel partners
- Team selling activities with sales channel partners
- Creating and identifying opportunities for growth
- Personally involved with all large projects with sales channel partners
- Develop sales channel partners to higher level
- Pipeline/Forecast management (short, mid and long term)
- Work with marketing to develop concepts that will generate more leads and orders for our products and services
Innovation and Change
- To research the market potential in the region to find new customers and ensure market transparency
- To analyse the needs of existing customers to find “hidden” needs and to identify new sales opportunities
- Define and implement sales structures, sales channels and activities to achieve the defined targets
- Find solutions to win contracts against competitors
- To monitor & analyze new market trends in industry as well as the education sector, and determine their impact on the business for the purpose of adjusting/tailoring business plans to meet the evolving needs of markets served & to expand into additional markets as trends indicate opportunity.
Work with marketing to develop concepts that will generate more leads and orders for training seminars and consulting services.
Communication with internal and/or external Customers, Suppliers as well as Third Parties
- Regular contact with Sales Director/VP concerning new product groups, pricing, specific customers’ requests and sales strategies
- Negotiate contracts / prices / large public tenders with Key Accounts together with management on a frequent basis
- To manage, lead, coach, evaluate and support sales channel partners
- To develop a plan/path for each sales channel partner together with them.
- To recommend partner changes, incentives, corrective actions with Sales Director/VP