Through the use of Social and Restorative Justice principles, Five Keys provides traditionally underserved communities the opportunity to restart their education with a focus on the Five Keys: EDUCATION, EMPLOYMENT, RECOVERY, FAMILY, AND COMMUNITY.
Originally established by the SF Sheriff’s Department (2003) as the first charter school in the nation to operate inside of a county jail, today Five Keys is a nationally recognized education management (non-profit) corporation that operates accredited charter schools and programs for TAY youth and adults at 70 locations across California. Five Keys operates with the goal of restoring communities through education and other programs that respond to the students’ and community needs---which in turn creates safer communities.
Five Keys provides a range of educational programs and services including: high school diploma, career and technical education, digital literacy, ESL, cognitive behavioral, recovery programs, case management, correctional education consulting and college access to transitional aged youth and adults in six California counties.
This Bus Driver and Instructional Aide position will be working at various locations across San Francisco and is responsible for the safe transportation of the Five Keys Mobile Classroom to and from designations, and to ensure that all activities support the safety and welfare of all passengers. Included in this position is overseeing vehicle safety and cleanliness. Additional duties include assist the teacher in the direct delivery of instruction in a classroom setting. The employee assists certificated staff by: implanting lesson plans (activities which include reviewing and correcting the work of students), proctoring examinations, keeping relevant records, operating instructional equipment in appropriate instructional settings, as well as performing related duties as required.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure the bus is in safe operating conditions
- Bring vehicle to special events
- Assist with all vehicle logistics including, storage, route, permits, etc
- Keep the bus clean and presentable to the public
- Pick up and drop off passengers (on occasion) at designated locations
- Follow a planned route according to a time schedule
- Help disabled passengers get on and off the bus
- Obey traffic laws and state and federal transit regulations
- Follow procedures to make sure they and all passengers are safe
- Watch traffic and people carefully to ensure the safety of students getting on and off the bus
- Keep order and safety on the school bus
- Understand and enforce the school system’s rules regarding student conduct
- Report disciplinary problems to their Supervisor
- Assist in planning lessons and preparing instructional materials
- Assist in explaining subject matter to students
- Administer tests and examinations, and reviews, corrects, and re-reviews assignments
- Prepare, operate, and maintain instructional equipment and supplies such as audiovisual equipment, computers, and others as needed
- Assist in maintaining classroom environment in order to provide a positive learning experience
- Enforce classroom and school rules
- Assist in behavior management
- Abide by Five Keys policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned